Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-04-2007 , 10:16 AM
Subscriber

Dining room at night

Here is a scene that I made where I try to create a feeling of a low lit dining room late at night.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 17-04-2007 , 11:47 AM
hmm, thats a bit too blue IMHO.....
also, can you post a screenshot or a brighter render for us to see the model?

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 17-04-2007 , 03:11 PM
well he was trying to recreate a night scene... the blue works well for the render, but i would still like to see a wire of the shot...

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 17-04-2007 , 07:35 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
No, I think despite being a moonlight shot, what you really need to do is actually lighten the blue so you have a white in there too.
Then up the intensity of the light. This really needs contrast to sell it as night time

Ive tweaked the color in PS so you get the idea. Also if the light was coming from the window too, you'd have shadow being thrown across the table too, from the windoww frame and vase

Cheers
Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 18-04-2007 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by NeoStrider
well he was trying to recreate a night scene... the blue works well for the render, but i would still like to see a wire of the shot...

Here is a screen shot. It is very simple model nothing fancy. I wanted to create a mood with lighting more than anything.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 19-04-2007 , 02:33 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
i agree with jay on this one, furthermore i think with all other lights, the intensity should be lower, making the moonlight even more dominant.
keep up the good work bankstauser added image

# 7 19-04-2007 , 07:07 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mastone
i agree with jay on this one, furthermore i think with all other lights, the intensity should be lower, making the moonlight even more dominant.

Thanks Mastone.

Thanks to everyone else to I will try your suggestions. Lighting is such a hard thing to get down.

# 8 19-04-2007 , 07:15 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mastone

Thanks Mastone.

Thanks to everyone else to I will try your suggestions. Lighting is such a hard thing to get down.