Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-01-2003 , 02:20 PM

Tumbling and grid issue

Hope any of you guys could help me with my problems. When I was modelling yesterday i managed to put the grid in the xy direction. How does one change in which plane the grid is laid out?

I also have an issue with the tumbling in the perspective view. I somehow managed to mess up one of my scenes so that it's not rotating around the z axis, but around some imaginary axis that is between the other axes. Is there any way of resetting the way the view is tumbling? I haven't inserted any extra cameras or anything like that.

When I'm at it I might as well ask another question concerning tumbling. Is there a quick way to change the tumble center? In Studio Tools you just click an isoparam or curve when you tumble to tumble around that point.

I hope someone has a solution to these annoying problems

# 2 02-01-2003 , 02:39 PM
Not sure about your first 2 questions, sorry, but to answer your last one:

Yesuser added image

Simply select the object you want to rotate/tumble about, and hit the "F" key to focus your tumble on ituser added image

Hope that helped you a small bit.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 02-01-2003 , 02:44 PM
Thanks!

That helped a lot.

# 4 02-01-2003 , 02:51 PM
No problem! user added image

I wish those commands were a little more obvious, and easy to work with, but like anything, after you do them a few times, you really never forget themuser added image

Have a good day!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 03-01-2003 , 02:18 AM
my english is bad, maybe i don't answer right, but, here we go.

a very useful shortcuts is:

f / to make the view to selection
F (shift+f, whem capslock is disbable, u know user added image) / to make ALL views to selection

whem you working with move tool, rotate, etc... hold ' x ' and use the tool to align on the grid. it's works in vexterx mode, object mode, edge modes, all modes.

you have the keys, x (align to grid), c (i don't know what's this realy do, i'm a newb too :]) and v, to align in another objects/vertex/faces/edges.

i hope that i help you.
if the questions is that hehehehe user added image

see yah!

Last edited by skidd; 03-01-2003 at 02:21 AM.