Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 15-01-2011 , 03:06 PM

Free for non-commercial use - exists?

Few years ago was possible to use PLE version of Maya - for non-commeracial use. But now I see full (and expensive) or trial version only.

I found another - education version. No problems with registering, I recieved almost 3-years license - nice. But I'm not currently student - I finnished university few months ago. So I'm not sure it's legal solution to get free license - I don't want to use non-legal version.

I found https://students.autodesk.com/?nd=ass...community_id=1 - I'm not Military Veteran but I'm not currently employed. Next "but" - I didn't have "worked in the architecture, engineering, design or manufacturing community". And I don't want to be unemployed forever. Looks like this version is not for me too.

So - which version will be good for me? Maybe it doesn't exist? Of course it will be nice to buy full - but 4k $ - it's too expensive - I just want to learn.

# 2 15-01-2011 , 06:52 PM
EduSciVis-er
Not sure how to answer... the cheapest "legal" solution would be to sign up for a course or two and continue to use the educational version user added image

# 3 15-01-2011 , 07:46 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
If you have a student version you can upgrade for about 900 euro's/dollars to a full commercial one

# 4 15-01-2011 , 10:49 PM
SM Tea Boy
your only option is to use the trial or grab the student version, other than that its the full retail price. Autodesk did away with the PLE version.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 23-01-2011 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
...Or you can try another 3d package which offers a free version for educational use. (Starts with an H user added image user added image

# 6 23-01-2011 , 06:15 PM

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 7 23-01-2011 , 11:22 PM
EduSciVis-er
Are you sure that works? Is there a key for it? As I recall, you needed a key for the PLE too.

# 8 24-01-2011 , 12:21 AM
Oh it redirects you to the autodesk maya trial site. It's funny because for an instant you get the form for the PLE edition then you get redirected to the trial page. Guess your out of luck. Sorry.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 9 24-01-2011 , 12:24 AM
Just as a side note the marketing people at Autodesk are totally retarded! Like a new user is going to learn Maya enough to make an informed buying decision in 30 days! LMAO! GG Autodesk!

Go to your community college and sign up for the cheapest class you can find "underwater basket weaving", whatever just to get a .edu email and then get the student version.

Last edited by ctbram; 24-01-2011 at 07:19 AM.
# 10 24-01-2011 , 01:03 AM
Yeah, the whole reason I learned Maya instead of Max was because of the unlimited trial version of Maya but that was in 2007. It's a shame they did away with it.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 11 24-01-2011 , 08:17 AM
1 Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

2 Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
3 Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.