Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 12-12-2003 , 12:51 PM

RPG's

i am looking for a really good RPG. could someone please suggest some to me, thanks

lespaul84

# 2 12-12-2003 , 01:34 PM
Any of the Final Fantasy Series are good (espcially the older ones) 7 was my favourite (8 and 9 weren't anywhere near as good!)

If warhammer online has been released then that looked like it could be pretty cool. Try and find some reviews at gamespy.com

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 12-12-2003 , 01:47 PM
The Maya Mountain
FF6 is my fave of the Final Fantasy's. user added image Old school graphics, but best gameplay of the bunch, in my opinion.

A co-worker of mine is liking Final Fantasy 11 (online). I stay away from MMORPGs ever since getting majorly burned on Star Wars Galaxies, though.

If you're into more traditional RPGs, Neverwinter Nights is pretty cool. I believe it has 2 expansions out now.

I'm a big fan of Morrowind, too. Highly recomendable.

# 4 12-12-2003 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
Morrowind with it's expansions is great for a freeform nonlinear RPG.

Neverwinter Nights is recommended for its multiplayer (mostly, since the singleplayer isn't very good at all IMHO).

The Baldurs Gate series are excellent, and so are the Fallout series (not Tactics), if you haven't played them yet.

A fairly new RPG is Temple of Elemental Evil, which after patching it, is a very very nice implementation of the D&D 3.5 ruleset and combat is great. It is however just a hack-and-slash, not so storydriven as the Baldurs Gate series, more like Icewind Dale (far better though).

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, is a star wars themed RPG, based loosely on the D&D ruleset, very linear, very strong storyline and all in all a great game.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 5 12-12-2003 , 06:31 PM
I just play a little PLANETSIDE lastnight. If you like warhammer and halo style, which I do, you will love it.

# 6 12-12-2003 , 08:54 PM
Subscriber
Final Fantasy 7 is by far the best RPG on the market. 8, 9 and 10 are good but not great. The older ones are good to if you can get them.

# 7 13-12-2003 , 02:07 AM
Subscriber
All of the above are fantastic RPG's. Of new products I'd like to recommend Horizons (mmorpg where you can play dragon for the first time I think.)
https://www.istaria.com/

Lineage II looks veeery promising as well. It's only available in Korean right now, and I don't understand a word of it, but it looks very promising.
https://www.lineage2.com/gallery/screen_shot6.html

Both of these are pay-to-play.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 8 13-12-2003 , 02:14 AM
Baldur's Gate....FFX..berry nice.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 9 13-12-2003 , 02:17 AM
The Maya Mountain
I just noticed the Horizon web page is very similar to Blizzard's. :p

# 10 13-12-2003 , 04:15 AM
Yeah it is very similar to Blizzards.

I havent played too many RPG's but i hear the fallout and FF series are good. I have FF1 and FF10... still never played either.

# 11 13-12-2003 , 07:59 PM
DIABLO II wins hands down. Also look around for NOX.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 12 14-12-2003 , 01:18 PM
Subscriber
What sucks know that Fallout 3 is never gona happen. I was looking for to this game. Fallout 1 and 2 were great. The company that was doing the series haven't had much success lately and lost $20 million dollors this past year, so the company that made it is no more. They went bankrupt. Screenshots of the game looked cool to. I'm hoping some other company picks it up.

# 13 16-12-2003 , 04:23 AM
That sucks. A good band was going to have several songs in the game. I guess they lost out on the money too(bads is celldweller)