Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-02-2003 , 04:31 PM
Subscriber

frames per second settings with fcheck

I can see the difference between play every frame, 30 fps, and 60 fps, but I don't see a difference once it has been batch rendered and I play it in fcheck. Is there a way to change the number of frames played per second after your animation has been rendered or is the fps rate set at whatever you had it when you rendered it? I'm hoping that everything is played at 24 fps in fcheck.

# 2 02-05-2004 , 12:14 AM
I would also like to know how to specify the frame rate. I set it up as real-time which was 25 fps. I timed it with a sound clip and then did a batch render. But it seems that in fcheck it runs at 30 fps. Well that doesn't work out right with my timing (I've got lip sync and such). Any idea how I can specify this so that it works. Please help!

Thanks,
Stu

# 3 03-05-2004 , 11:53 PM
After not getting responses and not finding any other evidence elsewhere, I have determined that this is not a feature available in fcheck and you must use another video editing tool. Maybe they changed this in Maya 6. But at least up to Maya 5, fcheck sucks!

# 4 04-05-2004 , 09:35 AM
if you are running it from the command line I think you can use the -r flag and then specify an integer value for the fps.

you must use another video editing tool

Fcheck is not a video editing tool, it's a frame playback application....

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 04-05-2004 , 02:11 PM

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
Fcheck is not a video editing tool, it's a frame playback application....

Well, yes, but, it does have a few options for editing before printing to video (at least on the Mac GUI version).

Thanks!
Stu