Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-10-2004 , 06:17 PM

Problems with blendshape and rigged character

Hey guys.. im having a little problem.. i got my character all rigged up and ready to go and also with the blenshapes done (aplyed to the wrap deformer). but when i try to use the blend shape and also rotate the head or use any kind of joints, i get some funky stuff! If i have the SkinCluster calculate before the Blend Shape i can rotate normaly, but when i use the blend shape his head rotation gos back to the 0 0 0 rotation but the blendshape is aplyed normaly. but if i tell maya to calculate the blendshape before the skin cluster(which is what ive seen is suposed to be the correct thing) i get the rotation with the blend normaly BUT my head geometry (the head is a separate geometry from the rest of the body because im using it as a wrap) goes wayy up. like if i was moving it up in the y axis... plz anyone can help me!?!
thanks anyway