Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-02-2006 , 02:09 PM

Image plains

Hi, I was trying the Image Plain tutorial on this site, the one with the dragon, but when I add the lambert with the dragon-picture to the plain, I still can't see the dragon, only in the Render View. Is there a way to see the dragon on the plain in the working area too?

# 2 04-02-2006 , 02:12 PM
press 6 on the keyboard should do it

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 04-02-2006 , 02:23 PM
OK, thanks! But it has somehow cut the image like you see in the picture I attached. Any idea what I've done wrong?

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 04-02-2006 , 02:26 PM
Ok, when you go to my documents - Maya - etc...

At one point you will find a file called Maya.env.
Open that file up with notepad or something, and it should be empty if you have not done this before. Now, copy/paste this into that blank file

MAYA_NON_POWER_TWO_OFF = 1;

That should fix it.

# 5 04-02-2006 , 02:37 PM
Hey, that worked! Thank you.

# 6 05-02-2006 , 01:06 PM
Oh, and one more thing about image planes: How do I make the images on the planes not disappear when I'm in wireframe mode? And lock them so I don't select them when I'm modelling?

# 7 05-02-2006 , 01:47 PM
you can't...

# 8 05-02-2006 , 03:22 PM
Really? But how do I model in wireframe-mode with a picture to follow in the background? I've seen images of that in tutorials, but never seen an explanation on how they do it...

# 9 07-02-2006 , 03:19 AM
To model in wireframe and still see a reference image, instead of assigning the image to a polygon plane (I think that this is what you have done), you would need to import the image so that you can see it through the relevant camera.

So, go to your viewport menu and select Image plane>Import image. It is a good idea to set the window to default view before doing this.

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but I hope that this helps.

# 10 10-02-2006 , 06:11 PM

Originally posted by arran
To model in wireframe and still see a reference image, instead of assigning the image to a polygon plane (I think that this is what you have done), you would need to import the image so that you can see it through the relevant camera.

So, go to your viewport menu and select Image plane>Import image. It is a good idea to set the window to default view before doing this.

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but I hope that this helps.

Yeah, it did, thank you user added image

But I still have a problem with getting the picture in the right size. I've resized them in Photoshop first, and the front camera picture and side view camera picture is just the same height. still the front camera image is much bigger. I've tried to scaling it, but that's difficult and takes alot of time. How do I import them in their right size?

# 11 11-02-2006 , 05:57 PM
I think that you can resize the image plane in the channel box. (Go to image plane>image attributes... I think). If your front and side images are the correct size before bringing them into Maya, make sure that you click default size in the viewport menu before importing.