Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-06-2009 , 04:47 PM

Maya 9 and imac

Hello All,
I have a new imac, 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2x2GB, 640GB Serial ATA Drive, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB. I was wondering if there is anyone out there using this same system configuration and running Maya 9? If so, what kind of issues are you having, if any? I am in a Maya class at the moment and I have the opportunity to purchase Maya at a discounted price.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

# 2 12-06-2009 , 05:04 PM
Technical Director
While not with the same configuration (I'm using one of the old G5 iMacs with Maya 7 & 2008) I have no problems what so ever.

The good news is that the iMac 2.8 GHz is officially supported by Autodesk. You can see the qual chart here: https://download.autodesk.com/us/qual...aphics_mac.pdf

Also, this is posted in the wrong area. It should have been posted in Technical Issues. There's a higher percentage of people seeing it there too.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 12-06-2009 at 05:15 PM.