Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-03-2012 , 06:37 PM

Encountering Dynamically Animated Surface problem

Hello Everyone!
I was working on a project about
populating a high polygon
model on a dynamically animated surface via MEL. This MEL instructs
Maya to randomly copy the model 10 times.
When I run the script, Maya copy just 3 times and then would crashed and closed. What should I have done to got rid of this problem?
I need to populate hundreds of these models, please show me a reliable method
to do this.
It should be noted that my computer hardwares are suitable {CPU: intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8 GHz; 3 GHz of RAM DDR II; VGA: GeForce 9600}.
Thanks

# 2 09-03-2012 , 07:07 PM
EduSciVis-er
How high poly is this? It might be that your hardware is not suitable after all. I'm assuming you mean 3GB RAM; this isn't a tremendous amount when working with very high poly models, and won't be enough if you need hundreds of them. You can create low poly proxies for populating the scene.

# 3 09-03-2012 , 07:37 PM

How high poly is this? It might be that your hardware is not suitable after all. I'm assuming you mean 3GB RAM; this isn't a tremendous amount when working with very high poly models, and won't be enough if you need hundreds of them. You can create low poly proxies for populating the scene.

Thanks a million!
I think you're student of biomedical communication (like as Eddy Xuan at XSI studio), thus I can tell you my scene was a cell membrane coverd with several transferrin molecules (along with receptors) and each complex contains 312758 faces. Win xp, just can use 3GB out of 4GB RAM.
1. How can I create and use low poly proxies for populating the scene?
2. Do you have any suggeston for rendering this scene?

# 4 09-03-2012 , 08:34 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 09-03-2012 , 08:51 PM
EduSciVis-er

I think you're student of biomedical communication (like as Eddy Xuan at XSI studio)

I am indeed. You mean AXS Studio. They're awesome.

I don't know if this will help, but if you don't want worry about proxies, you could try just viewing the viewport in bounding box mode (in shading panel menu).

# 6 09-03-2012 , 10:28 PM
Technical Director
You could also play around with MR proxies.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.