Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 121 07-03-2003 , 05:38 AM
Subscriber
so the thing is going to fly?? cool...

Here's an idea...maybe the thrusters that are around the top of the spere can be used for him to move left and right ...

-Emo

# 122 07-03-2003 , 06:12 AM
MAN you can rocK!!!... :wow:
these are the best models I'v ever seen in such a little time!!...
awsome!!.. :bgreen: :yipee:
keep it up mate...

# 123 07-03-2003 , 06:13 AM
is it 'cause I'm a newbie?? :-)
thx

# 124 07-03-2003 , 06:15 AM
Hey was just wondering where to get GI Joe?... Or is it the same as Realfake GI?... Would like it cause it does make your modeling renders look really sweet! user added image

THX ~ Wicket

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 125 07-03-2003 , 06:20 AM
This is the start of the legs.... Still needs alot of work, Gotta finnish the outer skin like the arms, and ad the Hydrolics and the feet. But at least the basic idea is there. M... do you aprove??user added image Well guys, I got about 4 days worth of modeling into this project. Can't wait to add more (detail). Still brainstorming on how I am going to add Fred into the pic. We'll see, I might just leave him out, haven't decided yet. Thanks for all of your post,
Brian E

Please check
My (old) website!
# 126 07-03-2003 , 06:24 AM
You can download it at Highend3d! Its a great Plugin. If you have any questions about it let me know (but I would recomend searchin here for it on the forums, because alot of very usefull info is allready posted by other members here at Simplymaya, but if your question can't be found send me a pm and I will get back to you. Thanks!!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 127 07-03-2003 , 06:27 AM
I know that the legs are stationary, and can't move side to side, but the entire disc that the legs are mounted in is going to be able to rotate. Thats my plan as of right now, but that could very easily change. user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 128 07-03-2003 , 06:31 AM
Subscriber
Hey brian, awesome stuff... i do approve, for the most part user added image... just the one part that i dont like, is the feet... like, how you ended it off with that ball.... i love everything else you have there, (wonderful job).. just those balls at the bottom are kinda.. well they dont look like they would have much grip on a battlefield user added image. Just doesnt look right. i LOVE what you have there so far though brian.. cant wait to see more user added image. Cant beleive you went so strongly on my idea user added image... very cool.

BTW, if you remember in the game.. the way the legs moved, was that it would take one step with the front left leg, then one step with the front right, and it would kinda shuffle back and forth in a zig zag motion.. i think. Then most of the time you just used your booster to fly across the field user added image. It would look awesome if animated.. i bet.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 07-03-2003 at 06:33 AM.
# 129 07-03-2003 , 06:36 AM
don't worry, the feet aren't even started! I would definetly not keep it as those balls. Those are just the joints, the feet them selves are going to be very similar to an ATAT's feet. with the " C " type gear, if you know what I mean, Guess I will just have to post it. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 130 07-03-2003 , 06:41 AM
Subscriber
PHEWF.... hehe, very cool then user added image. BTW, i will take this image down immideately if you dont want it up user added image... you have probably already done something like the below image... i think from seeing that, this model is going to be so cool. lol, give fred a controller and a geeky pair of glasses.. he controls his "baby"... in other terms, he made it.. lol. J/k, that would be pretty akward. BTW, wicket.. i now have GI_Joe set on my toolbar, so that i just click the button, configure and get my render! Its awesome... just i dont know too much about gi_joe, to make renders like brian has made here, and of course a lot of it has to do with the model.. lol.

Last edited by M; 07-03-2003 at 06:43 AM.
# 131 07-03-2003 , 06:48 AM
lol. thats funny, thanks for posting that acutally, I left my files at work, so I haven't been able to work with the top while modeling the bottom to get an idea of Proportion, going to make his shoulders widder, so that I can lower him a bit, and give him a lower stance. Well, I have plenty of time to work out the details, hope to have the basic model of the bot done by tomorrow. user added image then I get to modify it some more! user added image user added image
Brian

BTW , this is a really fun competition. I am having a great time modeling this guy, great idea for a competition!

Please check
My (old) website!
# 132 07-03-2003 , 06:51 AM
Btw, very nice Composite! Much better than I could have done!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 133 07-03-2003 , 06:56 AM
Subscriber
hahaha, yea, sure brian. I have a funny feeling you could of done that too user added image. Thanks though user added image. Keep it up user added image.

# 134 07-03-2003 , 07:46 AM
Well, its 1 am, still working on it lol. Here is where I am at right now... WOnder if anyone else is awake??
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 135 07-03-2003 , 07:49 AM
going to finnish the feet and then head off to bed,
its my GF's and I's 1 year aniversary tomorrow! user added image Yea!
Brian:banana:

Please check
My (old) website!