Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-03-2003 , 06:44 AM

Help needed!!!

yesterday maya crashed with an fatal error and i had to reboot my pc... since this moment, i can't open my scene-file i was working on! has one of u guys an idea how i can solve this * problem?

# 2 10-03-2003 , 07:03 AM
The Maya Mountain
It's possible that the file has become corrupted... does it give you any sort of error or whatever when you try to open it?

# 3 10-03-2003 , 07:21 AM
it just stop opening at 35%... and no message, maya just crash...

# 4 10-03-2003 , 04:24 PM
Subscriber
Abra, i only have one idea... try to start a new file, and then import the other file.. see if that works, it might!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 5 10-03-2003 , 08:01 PM
Are you on an NTFS volume? Isn't there some fancy journaling-filesystem-way to get back to an uncorrupted version of the file?

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 6 10-03-2003 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
do onething... you mean it just dissapeared from your screen right.... i had encountered this... what you have to do is... go to your maya folder in your documents folder and then go into 4.0/4.5 and delete prefs.... and try opening it again.. beware all your stuff will reset.. i mean maya UI....

worked for me..... hope it works for you too....

Tariq