Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 09-11-2003 , 05:11 AM
Subscriber
I disagree that its nonsence but, the proof in the pudding is a Control vertice is a vertice. It's in the name, it fits the definition. the question in the quiz presents unpopular responses that may pit accepted referance against imputed definition. though such referances for the purpose of disension are sometimes neccesary they still must subside to definition.

As i said earlier, my intent was not to be anal/pugnatious/disruptive, I just wanted someone to delve a little into the true meaning of Nurbs and at least consider that these reponses may be wrong.

It's clear this post need not turn to a squabble, just a conversation.

Peace..

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 17 09-11-2003 , 08:28 AM

Originally posted by iron_tick
ADL pulls strong argument but, definatly in my favor. 3 or more verticies not only define a planer triangle, but are the minimum number of verticies to define a curve LOL...

On the contrary my friend, my argument works against you. Stating that three vertexes are needed to make a planar triangle, and the same amount are needed to define a NURBS curve thus "they should be the same" is an ilogic statement at best.

What I´m trying to tell you is that even though they share similar names, the are entirely different entities, one for polygonal geometry, and one for NURBS.

Taking the curve example proposed by yourself I´d say, two vertexes define an edge right?. Then would a linear curve be the same to you? Are they the same? Can a network of polygonal edges be called a network of first degree curves? Nope. They are made by different entities.

# 18 09-11-2003 , 11:21 PM
I think i speak for everyone when i say:

Attached Thumbnails

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 19 10-11-2003 , 01:18 AM
Subscriber
hehe you live to pos that picture don't you?

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 20 10-11-2003 , 03:23 AM

Originally posted by iron_tick
hehe you live to pos that picture don't you?

I take it you do acknowledge the fact that Vertex and Control Vertice are different things right? :p

# 21 10-11-2003 , 03:57 AM
Subscriber
dude think to yourself ---yourself--- what a verticie is.. ask if such conditions exist in Nurbs objects. ok? Peace..

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 22 10-11-2003 , 05:11 AM
Lol. I´ll let this one sit down now.
No point in trying to state once more something that by now should be blatantly obvious. :p