Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 01-03-2011 , 11:37 PM
The thin red line
Tweetytunes
I am not seeing the likeness comming through, I can see some in your maya model but not the zbrush one, could this be camera distortion in maya?...........dave

# 32 01-03-2011 , 11:40 PM
Subscriber
Just finished bulletstorm and I think Im going to play through the two gear games this week ready for the beta for 3 in April - Been a fan of epic shooters since unreal - but me PC got some bloody virus and having to spend the night sorting this out arrrrrrr.

# 33 01-03-2011 , 11:44 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Christ Im trying to find what the f*** you were talking about with 'noise' what f******* noise LOL??? Its nose!!

spelling man spelling!! LOL

Jay

# 34 01-03-2011 , 11:53 PM
Lifetime Member
yeh Jay...wheres the bloody spellcheck button...Im guilty of grammar hammer...

S**t tweety...I havent played Unreal for years!!! Unreal GOTY 2002 I think was the last one I had...before the graphics went all cartoonish...that is the ONLY game I played online...cos it was just a shoot fest and was fun...I will have to get Gears1 then...havent viewed bulletstorm yet

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 35 02-03-2011 , 01:02 AM
Subscriber
Sorry Jay but I am dyslexic and have to relay on the spellcheck a lot and as you can tell that word although wrong is spelt correctly.

Bullet here is the cover for that gears of war pack

user added image

Its one and two and the dlc, but you should get a copy of the first one cheap

Might have been unreal tour 2003 as there was no 2002. I have unreal, unreal tour - gold, unreal tour 2003,2004, unreal 2 and unreal tour 3 Limited Ed (pc + ps3), unreal championship (xbox), bulletstorm (360), shadow complex (dlc 360) gears of war 1,2 both limited editions (360) and Gears 1 PC (for the editor) and all dlc. Little bit of a fan - I also have Gears of war concept art on the walls of my PC room (framed), all 3 books, every comic and a set of gear cogs for around my neck.

# 36 02-03-2011 , 01:09 AM
Subscriber

Tweetytunes
I am not seeing the likeness comming through, I can see some in your maya model but not the zbrush one, could this be camera distortion in maya?...........dave

Sorry man missed your post as you posted as I was .....

Yes I agree the mesh has lost some of its likeness as I said before I have made the lips too big now and also the nose (look guys got it right this time)has been smoothed down a little too much. He also has a lump/spot just up from the middle of his eyes and not got his dimples in yet. And again the noise is not the straightest of things but will leave that to last.

But don`t worry I still have a long way to go on this one right now.

# 37 02-03-2011 , 01:14 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks tweety...I will see if its in the shop like that.

UTGOTY was in 1999 tweety...thats the only one I bought...I didnt like the graphics after that...too cartoonish

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 38 02-03-2011 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber
Looks to the left and sees his copy on the shelf and is tempted to play it again - Arr the hours lost playing that game - I wonder how many frames per second I would get on it now on this new PC - and to think you did not need a video card to play that back in the day.

They brought the graphics bang up to date with number 3 (2007)

Last edited by tweetytunes; 02-03-2011 at 01:32 AM.
# 39 02-03-2011 , 01:41 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
hey Tweety Same here mate, I have real problems seeing numbers so my I suffer reading and writing numbers - weird huh!! Glad I can draw though LOL

Jay

# 40 02-03-2011 , 02:00 AM
Lifetime Member
oh did they...hmmmm...nope...Im not going to get it...I lost too much of my life on the original one...ya just cant stop playin! We must have a cosmic connection dude....I just rummaged through my laptop bag..it aint there! damn

bullet1968

# 41 02-03-2011 , 10:07 AM
Subscriber

hey Tweety Same here mate, I have real problems seeing numbers so my I suffer reading and writing numbers - weird huh!! Glad I can draw though LOL

Jay

Thats wired - Im shit hot at maths but can`t spell for crap. - My mum (a teacher) heard from a load of people that comics could help me learn to read and so my love for art started at the age of 3, which lad me to 3D and 2 degree`s.

# 42 22-03-2011 , 12:26 PM
Subscriber
Well spent a little time playing about with this one

user added image

Got the spot on his head and the noise is now more the shape post opp (had a opp before the good wife show to correct some of the bend). Some more needed on forehead but planning to cover most of that with hair so not too bothered.

What you guys think time to start the smaller details ????

Girlfriend is letting me work on this as long as I don`t stress too much.

# 43 23-03-2011 , 04:02 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
Hey Tweety clearly you are a gears Fan but how did you get through the second one i Loved one but felt cheated when i played 2 (exact same story and a little less brown)I felt epic failed me with the second one.
Also the ending was waaaaaay too easy compared to gears 1

# 44 23-03-2011 , 12:43 PM
Subscriber
I loved the story and its no where near the same - Dom`s story arc was great and really shocking and I loved the fact they expanded the other characters a lot more too. I also loved the section inside the giant worm, riding Betty around was fun, the raft idea was cool and clearing the streets.

The end was easy yes - but there were so many more boss fights in this one and by the end the bad guys were on the run so I was still happy with it.

This is not a set of games were people can just skip the cut scenes or just shot your way thought it. Taking time to follow the story and you`ll get caught up with the characters - this is not C.O.D (thank god) its C.O.G and I`ll be a fan till I die.

Have no idea what you are on about with the "Less brown" comment

# 45 23-03-2011 , 02:18 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

Have no idea what you are on about with the "Less brown" comment

At least a more expansive color pallete

I was really shocked when it ended i went like that was it ........