Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-08-2004 , 08:59 AM
tegmo

Sports Car

Hi all,

I would like to share my latest rendering with you. My final ended up changing slightly from the original model, as I changed the style of the rims in order to reflect chrome better.

user added image

user added image

user added image

-Terry aka Tegmo

# 2 25-08-2004 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber
good model, good colour scheme dude.

MURPH
# 3 25-08-2004 , 10:53 AM
nice job! I would love to see that dirty.

The spider pictures are great.

I think it might need som more light, but thats all I have. It's great.

Did you model it with NURBS?

I like your crome, could you post the settings on that? I got a little problem with creating shiny metal.

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 4 25-08-2004 , 12:57 PM
very nice modeling...
i can see you used a reflection map user added image...looks good !

# 5 25-08-2004 , 01:10 PM
user added image ....nice nice nice nice nice nice nice.... user added image

# 6 25-08-2004 , 03:41 PM
tegmo
Hi all,

Thanks for the compliments. The car was modeled using polys, then converted to sub-ds, mirrored over, then converted back to polys in order to render it in mental ray, using an HDRI image for the reflections and lighting (no light source in scene). I am still figuring mental ray out, that is why the image is a little dark.

The treads on the tires is a displacement map, as for the chrome I wish I could claim it as my own, but I downloaded it from the shaders area of highend3d.

But everything else is mine user added image All textures created in photoshop. I was having trouble with the alpha channels, till I started using the new feature in maya 6, where you can simply import the entire PSD! worked out great.

-Tegmo

# 7 25-08-2004 , 04:50 PM
Good job!! I like the car design! user added image

# 8 21-09-2004 , 10:06 AM
great modelling...... i wish i can do so....

# 9 21-09-2004 , 02:21 PM
Subscriber
Looks outstanding! The paint job with the reflections looks like real paint on a real car.
Nice job.

# 10 21-09-2004 , 06:39 PM
Awesome Mitsubishi Eclipse model tegmo! user added image I really like it a lot! I wish I had an Eclipse as my car...but then again my car has the same engine as an Eclipse, so it's pretty close! user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)