Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 91 12-12-2006 , 10:52 AM
Subscriber
shoulder length is usually 3 heads wide [2 3/4 oftern ]
but i dont think its noticeable.
i do wish the face had more character. he is so bulk, and the face looks so whimsical
i also notice he is "sans" nipples user added image

Last edited by vladimirjp; 12-12-2006 at 10:55 AM.
# 92 12-12-2006 , 11:08 AM
Wow! It has totally come together nicely! Looks friggin awesome! No crits here, I just can't wait to see more progress!

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 93 12-12-2006 , 12:06 PM

just a back note on the head size

Iwas just looking at the two heads and thought it might be worth adding my two cents ... classic greek 8 heads to a human ... reality 6 ish to 8 ish i guess its about how tall your character is agaist the norm if he is tall then the 8 heads would be excelent if he was going to short then the 7 or so would be good ... i think Conan was suposed to be a "Pict" (early tribal UK ... small people , painted themselves blue ... druids and that ) its your model i dont know what you want, dont think there realy was a conan anyway looks great boys dont realy have any need for nipples any way:p

"Climbing the walls of the 'Uncanny Valley"
# 94 13-12-2006 , 12:04 AM
Subscriber
Thx for the comments guys. Yes, with the new head the proportions are 1/7th of the hight, and just about 1/3 shoulder length. I tried reshaping the head (using the scaling tool hehe) and get closer to 1/8th while maintaining the 2.5/3 head to shoulder ratio to see what it would look like from a proportions point of view and it just didnt do it for me. Anyway, I think i'll leave it as is (at least for now, until i get to the eyebrow/lashes and potentiall hair or a helet or both).

I am working on one more piece of armor for the bracelet and after that is weapons time.

Texturing is very basic at this point as you can see. From a distance the SSS looks good, but its missing a bump map to enchance the look. So lots of work in this dept. Texturing is not my forte.

I should have taken art in college instead of math...hehe.

# 95 14-12-2006 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
I got the eye lashes out of the way, you can't really see them this far away but they do frame out the eyes a bit better than before. I added the forearm armor pieces. I like a lighter color than the leather used everywhere else. I also thought of some kind of metal color, but havent really played with the textures much at all. I am not sure what kind of relief or whatnot I put on top of it so that its not so plain. Anyway, moving along, next is definitely the sword.

Attached Thumbnails
# 96 15-12-2006 , 03:12 PM
Subscriber
i really love the proportions man.
i still think the head is not as good as the body. i would probably give him more character.
you need to add nipps on his breast. it looks odd without them.
his legs are a little thin imo.

nice work.
theres always more tweaking man, dont just move to armor or sword yet.
user added image

# 97 15-12-2006 , 03:17 PM
Holy crap nice work. Your like a pro man. Good job on texturing and modeling. It looks perfect. Are you planning on animating it? Or what?

https://zoharblur.deviantart.com/
# 98 19-12-2006 , 03:24 AM
Subscriber
Thx for the comments guys.

Vlad, I looked at modeling the nipples but didnt think it worth it. Will use bump map and color map to get the effect. This image below only has it painted. I haven't even applied the bump map yet. You were right about it though, it does add quite a bit of realism. I did the specular color map for the skin, next will be the diffuse/color maps, and finally the bump.

I fooled around with the head to see what I could come up with. But the changes, mainly to the eyebrow section, were barely noticable from so far away, so I either make some significant changes to the shape or it just wont be worth it. I may get back to it, and perhaps I can add some lines with the bump maps that will be visible. I'll see.

Attached Images
# 99 19-12-2006 , 03:36 AM
Acid44
all i can say is give him a weapon make him look meaner and its perfect

:bow: where its at right now its amazing though:bow:

# 100 19-12-2006 , 03:38 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by Zohar0
It looks perfect. Are you planning on animating it? Or what?

hehe make it fight an angry tribe of smurfsuser added image

EDIT: or the guy in tweetytunes' avatar

Last edited by Acid44; 19-12-2006 at 03:42 AM.
# 101 19-12-2006 , 04:06 AM
Subscriber
Well done on the nips.

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 102 19-12-2006 , 04:33 AM
Subscriber
Hey Minstrel, I still remember when you just started the body and look at it now...love the work you do man. dont really have any crits atm since i really like the model. I think that you should animate this character and it will look fantastic user added image

marlon.j

Last edited by marlonjohn; 19-12-2006 at 04:46 AM.
# 103 21-12-2006 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
An update on the textures.

Attached Thumbnails
# 104 22-12-2006 , 10:30 PM
Subscriber
More tweaking on the arms, SSS, armor, and textures.

Attached Images
# 105 23-12-2006 , 03:59 AM
hmmm... not sure about this latest skin color, is it just me or is he looking a little orange?

Also, I am still not sure about his boots. They just still seem to look like socks with big cuffs at the top. Sorry to go on mate - no one else seems bothered about them so you might just want to ignore me.:blush:

Keep at it mate.user added image