Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-08-2010 , 03:33 PM

Lexus LFA 2012

Hey there everyone, I have started a new project, the Lexus LFA 2012, AKA ( the outrageously priced car)

let me know what you think!

Also
For those of you who make cars I was curious how long it takes you to make one since Its taken me around 6 hours just to complete these parts, not to mention I have restarted on some of them because the mesh wasn't working.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-08-2010 , 04:52 PM
Acid44
Lookin' alright so far man, not a fan of Lexus though :p

As for how long it takes, it's never really done... The second you think you're done, you'll realize you forgot something, or that something just doesn't look right

# 3 27-08-2010 , 07:44 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
# 4 29-08-2010 , 05:25 AM
lol thanks for the comments, guess im the only one who likes this car:p

I havn't had a chance to work on it yet but hopefully i'll have some time tommorow

# 5 29-08-2010 , 07:41 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
clean start so far it usually takes me about a week or two to finish the body thats if its the only project im working on

# 6 01-09-2010 , 04:55 AM
Subscriber
i love this car in real life

as far as youre model, its not a bad start but the wire looks too skimpy for this kind of car. I can tell you now that with the curves, vents, and other areo dynamics, youre going to have to work with a denser mesh if you want your model to look smooth....also can we see a clay...its hard to help out on just a wire because you cant see how it looks smooth and thats what counts

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 7 01-09-2010 , 08:49 PM
K so here are some more pictures, I've done a lot of work on it but there are some parts that aren't finished yet. I quickly applied smooth to the pieces so some areas may look funky.

I tried to keep the mesh a bit simple because I find it gets a bit to messy trying to move all the different points and making sure it looks smooth.

Also I'm having trouble in the rear of the car. I matched up the reference pictures but I've noticed that some areas still don't match up. I thinking it might be the way the picture was taken of the car, maybe the angle of the camera? does anyone else have this problem?

also let me know if the colored lighting is bothering. I can switch it to greyscale

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 8 10-09-2010 , 04:55 PM
Simply Maya OG

Originally posted by mastone
lexus is just a toyota with some nice rims LOL
Good startuser added image

Lexus's are A LOT more than just a rebadged Toyota with fancy rims. It could really be its own company, and not a luxury brand of Toyota.

- Hybrid
# 9 16-02-2011 , 10:10 PM
hey everyone, so its been a really long time since i posted on here, I have been sooo busy with school work that most of my projects have come to a halt. i worked on this model quite a bit before school started but recently I haven't had time until today to render it nicely. So what do you all think?

Ahh, i keep forgeting tga's dont work here, I'll post them up abit later today 2-16-11

# 10 16-02-2011 , 10:16 PM
Ok so here they are,

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Monkey Wrench; 16-02-2011 at 10:19 PM.
# 11 17-02-2011 , 12:35 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
hey its kinda hard to judge with the wireframe on shaded switched on................