Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-06-2003 , 04:15 PM

Polygonal Modelling

I m a newbie on using maya....i have no idea how do u extrude a curve, so that I can make it into a face! anyone out there who can help me?!

# 2 14-06-2003 , 04:43 PM
The Maya Mountain
Create a profile curve, create a path curve.

Select profile. Shift and select path.

Surfaces > Extrude > Options.

In the options, you can use polygonal outputs so your result is a polygon object. Experiment with the settings to get the kind of result you want.

I have a tutorial about converting Nurbs to Polygons that goes over the polygon settings that the Surfaces menu uses. It's at my personal site. (link in sig)

Good luck!

# 3 15-06-2003 , 02:09 PM
I did the what you say...but it come out a curve look like ribbon. however the thing i want is a solid body.
becuase right now i can see through it.....but i don't want that....
what can i do...let it have front and back surface~~

thank you

# 4 15-06-2003 , 02:34 PM
Subscriber
I've never heard of making a face out of extruding a curve, so I can't help you there, but I can provide you with some tutorials you might enjoy browsing through. :-)

https://www.boris3d.de/tutorials.html

# 5 15-06-2003 , 02:50 PM

Originally posted by fishca
I did the what you say...but it come out a curve look like ribbon. however the thing i want is a solid body.
becuase right now i can see through it.....but i don't want that....
what can i do...let it have front and back surface~~

thank you

Can you show a screenshot of this particular result?
You could achiever a pretty good result converting this NURBS pipe, into a polygonal one. And then it would be just a matter of closing the ends.

# 6 15-06-2003 , 07:13 PM
The Maya Mountain
you could use a nurbs circle as your profile, and the result should be a tube.

not sure I'm understanding what your difficulty is.