Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 76 23-02-2004 , 02:18 PM
Thanks guys!

mumbo: not sure... wasn't in my mind at the beginning...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 77 24-02-2004 , 02:14 AM
it is Great!

# 78 24-02-2004 , 04:18 AM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 79 25-02-2004 , 01:40 PM
Good but i belive there are a lack of detail, any way good job user added image

weld some pixels !!!
# 80 29-02-2004 , 04:11 AM
The last two shots added. Tomorrow I'll do some sound work and then I can say I have achieved my milestone. Yes, there are many things yet to be fixed (like the textures and the wing detail), but those can wait user added image Too much jets for me for a while user added image

https://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/karppa/fa18.html

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 81 29-02-2004 , 09:13 AM
Subscriber
nice tuch at the end.. "COOL" !!!

# 82 29-02-2004 , 04:35 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
actually, I did, here, but the post has been a while back, if you want I can attach an image of it on monday. I used it in some matchmoving shots for my demo. Most of them were far away shots, so it doesn't have as much detail. I made a blue angel version of it.
Brian

Brian, are you forgetting you have it on your website? user added image

here, I'll save you the trouble

https://www.digitaldejavu.com/f154.jpg

(I didnt post it as an image becuase it's big, and it'll waste un-needed bandwidth.. )

but anwyays.. both planes looks awsome!!!

-Emo

# 83 04-03-2004 , 10:16 PM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 84 05-03-2004 , 02:51 AM
Good work!!!

...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I.

https://sky.prohosting.com/spyd01/
# 85 05-03-2004 , 03:13 PM
Thanks! Almost forgot. Big thanks goes to NitroLiq who helped me with the bs radio talk user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 86 05-03-2004 , 03:47 PM
it's looking very cool, title seems a bit cheesy though "sky is not the limit etc..." IMHO. I think you should tweak the animation on the planes. I know you did it in a cool way capturing it etc but the planes feel lifeless and lacking in weight. E.g. in the first shot where they pull up. It's too flat and there's no sense of real forwards momentum. Same at the end when they pull out of the split s.

The other thing that irks me is the fact that the animation is the same on all of them. It should be far more random and offset. there's no way three pilots could fly together in perfect formation without making any mistakes or without having differences in their flying styles. I would add some variation in there. For me the best shot is the last one when the three planes split off in different directions. Did you hand key that? I just think it carries more weight and feels more real.

The afterburner flames could do with some motion blur and being tighter and less cloud like. Currently they are too wispy and you can very definatley tell they are maya particles.

Sorry if I seem a little overcritical, but I know you do good work (from past stuff I've seen) and I know you wouldnt think I was being critical for the sake of it.

Hope this is of some help. user added image

Alan

ps. It's better than a good/nice/excellent work, looking forwards to seeing more... user added image oh wait mainlinex will be along soon to say that :p

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 87 05-03-2004 , 04:02 PM
Thanks Alan for you comments. I agree with you on the most of your crits except that the cheesyness was sort of my objective :p

Anyway... let's see what I can come up with if I have the energy to do another round on all the shots. It just takes so bloody lot of time to even render this out... Plus if I change the animation, I have to change the compositions, re-do the sounds etc.... would be a chain reaction...

Btw, I've watched many movies with jets in them and I must say that most of them has very out-of-this-world physics user added image (Independence Day is a good example user added image). I know mine isn't perfect either but...

And yes, the last shot is hand keyed...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 88 05-03-2004 , 04:52 PM
I know what you mean. But if you are just re-rendering surely you can set your comp up to pick up the new files and not have to really change it at all? I know it's a pain in the arse to do animation changes at this point (and I would have given the crit earlier but I didnt really notice these things until the whole thing got put together that's when you start to notice the same animation on each plane etc.)

I know what you're going through though. One of my shots took 11 re-renders (at film res!!) user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 89 05-03-2004 , 07:12 PM
Simply Maya OG
My only crit is the sound/radio talk. The pilots seem to be bored while their flying. The "yeee-haa" sounds so fake. And the radio noise after and before they talk, is just annoying. I know its supposed to be there, but it dosent sound right man. Other than that, I like. user added image

- Hybrid
# 90 08-03-2004 , 11:48 PM
Kevin
first time i have seen this kman, nice job dude