Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-03-2004 , 12:11 AM
Subscriber

Flaming Text

how would i go about accomplishing something like this:

i wanna start with a black screen and as a wind (sound) passes over, i want the word Metallica to catch fireletter by letter, but only the outlines so you'd see this nice firey revelation of a title outline
and then have the flames subside so you're just left with the outline of all the letters in a hot amber kinda colour, still glowing from the heat

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 17-03-2004 , 01:10 AM
U can key frame all that and by apply "emmit from object" dynamics, specificaly the edges of the letters that you extrude, then animate a texture on the extrudes to a final flow effect.

# 3 17-03-2004 , 05:49 AM
hey guys vietnam is in canada!

# 4 17-03-2004 , 12:27 PM
Subscriber
Please refrain from making such useless posts. Vietnam is not in Canada, if that was a joke, it wasn't the least bit humorous, and most importantly, it doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

# 5 17-03-2004 , 01:11 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by deepakrock627
hey guys vietnam is in canada!

Sorry this is just to much now, you have just lost your posting rights for 7 days

# 6 18-03-2004 , 08:45 PM
Perhaps he's talking cryptic for: Try to assign the shaders like dragonsfire said, and perhaps a big light that slowly scales up to the right... (making a wave of light, catch my drift).

That's what I would recommend user added image