Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-04-2004 , 04:18 PM

Maya Exporter for the Torque Game Engine

For anyone interested in doing game development without spending a bazillion dollars on the Unreal engine, Garage Games now has a beta version of the Maya2DTS exporter for the Torque Game Engine. It is not feature-complete yet, but it has been pretty solid for me. The exporter is currently only available for Windows, but Mac and Linux versions are in development.

The Garage Games community is also always on the lookout for 3D artists. If you're looking to get some experience working on game projects, not just modding, you should definitely check out the community. There are some good projects (and some bad, of course) that might be good for new artists wanting to get some actual development experience.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 2 13-04-2004 , 05:08 PM
Nice one user added image

Can you list any good games using this engine?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 13-04-2004 , 05:28 PM
At the moment, Garage Games is targeting the indie game development community, so there aren't any "big" games. There are couple of really nice ones: ThinkTanks and Orbz. Small teams, straight-forward games, and really fun. There are more projects in the works.

Danny Ngan
# 4 20-04-2004 , 08:19 PM
they made tribes 1 and 2 with torque.

i'm actually fooling around with it as a type.
not bad for the price of it.

but i still prefer renderware.....but just by a bit.

i bent my wookie!
# 5 20-04-2004 , 09:22 PM
If you can afford RenderWare, go for it. user added image

However, Torque is only $100 per programmer seat, and all of the exporters are free. Not a bad deal at all. Then again, I'm a bit biased since I've been working with Torque for quite some time now. user added image

Danny Ngan
# 6 30-04-2004 , 07:09 PM
SONOFABITCH!!!!!
I have a complete workup for a game called Think Tank that I started developing like 5 years ago! And guess what, it involved 3 catagories of tank in a fast pased puzzle/action game. Mine involves a bit of tank building session before/during battle but I hate being beat the punch!

I WILL get this stuff!