Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-04-2004 , 03:21 PM

apply clip to several objects

So I have this scene where a bunch of balls bounce up and down to the beat of the music. I made a clip of 1 ball bouncing up and down. I want to take that clip and apply it to all the balls in the scene and have them bounce up and down for as long as the scene lasts. How do I do this? Maybe clips aren't the best way, but I would think so. Also, I would like the bouncing to happen slightly randomly. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Stu

# 2 21-04-2004 , 09:59 PM
Couldn't you copy the ball in that scene and then make a new scene and paste that into it. The animation should come with it.

# 3 21-04-2004 , 10:04 PM
Subscriber
You can import WAV files into the Time Slider so that it will display the waveform within the Time Slider. There you can see the peaks of the waveform where you can time the balls to hit the floor and keyframe it that way.

The randomness should come from the music. If you use the waveform then you should be able to time some randomness into the bouncing, if that's what you're shooting for.