Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-05-2004 , 07:08 PM
Subscriber

Buy points!

I saw the apache tutorial and think mayby I shoud buy it, well can't you just buy 55points that is just needed for that tutorial and not 100 points and 77 points and all the "preloaded" settings... or is it me that is stupid and can't understand you can just buy 55? I'm just interessted in that specific tutorial! I'm poor god damnit! user added image

sorry bad english!

# 2 29-05-2004 , 02:16 AM
SM Tea Boy
The standard price is £1 GBP per point, you can get 70 points for £55 GBP, as it's discounted the more you buy. The less you pay per point.

If we sold points in any amounts, the price would be £1 GBP a point. So you'd pay £55 GBP for 55 points, this way you pay £55 GBP pounds and get 70 points.

Packages are set the way they are so we can discount points for people that buy more. Basicaly you buy more points you get them cheaper per point.

If we let people just choose the amount of points, we would have to have a flat fee per point. So you could indeed buy 55 points but it would be at the same price you now get 70 for.

Use the points you have left over to download the texturing tutorial. user added image

https://kbrown.wolfenstein.org/temp/a...TestWip11a.jpg

LOL want to try being poor, work here for a couple of year user added image

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 29-05-2004 , 09:11 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by David
LOL want to try being poor, work here for a couple of year user added image

David.

Mate you know I pay you the big bucks and always have, I cant afford to eat while dave sites at home munching on popadooms and keema nann breads all day :p

# 4 29-05-2004 , 12:47 PM
Subscriber
i am kinda new here and dont quite understand the point system. i searched the FAQ forum and didnt see how to obtain points other then buying them. can you please direct me to where i would find the answer on obtaining points, or is purchasing them the only way? i would love to model the apache in its entirety, but atm cannot afford the 55 GBP to purchase them. 2 kids an ex wife and a dog dont allow the extravagance. . . user added image

# 5 29-05-2004 , 12:54 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by Anm8or
2 kids an ex wife and a dog dont allow the extravagance. . . user added image

I totally understand mate but that wont pay for our 18 gig a day bandwith allowence, my time, my rent, my wife and kid and 2 dogs / rat / guinea pig..let alone what we paid to have the tutorial done in the first place user added image

But you are right on the FAQ - this is being delt with and will be available on the up and coming new simplymaya site user added image

# 6 29-05-2004 , 12:59 PM
SM Tea Boy
Rent, Gas, Electric, Water rates, Council tax, Food, Phone bills, Office space, Corporation Tax, Income Tax, National insurance.

Sorry user added image can't afford to work for free. That's life. Your right about the FAQ though its a bit on the light side.

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 29-05-2004 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber
thanks alot kevin. . .i totally understand. i did some more searching and did find out how to obtain points. please dont misunderstand me, i know what it means to pay bills. so i will do my best to participate in the contests and with helping out in the forums. also i really appreciate the fast response. great customer service!

# 8 29-05-2004 , 01:35 PM
Kevin
basically mate you go to the buy points at the top of the page and purchase as many as you think you will need

so for example the apache is 55 then the texturing (if you want ) is so far 9 (we do have some more parts to add to that to)

so the 70 package would be your chepest option as the more you buy the cheaper it is

Also once you have joined you will always have fast access on downloading the vids, and you can download the same part as you like (in case you lose it)

Plus once joined you never get queued up and have super fast access to all vids user added image

# 9 29-05-2004 , 03:43 PM
Subscriber
But if i want the hole package (apache tutorial) that woud be 55points + 9 points ? and that will show me from nothing to a complete apache textured helicopter? I really want to be sure, 100 $ is a lot of money for me! but it will help me alot, well lets hope so user added image

But you say "We do have som more parts to add to that to" mayby it will go up to 65 points or something then?

So you recomend the 70points package anyway, if you are neutral and are not trying to suck all my money out of me user added image

Edit: Speak in $ not £/€

One more thing, if we say i do buy the 70points package and start downloading, once i press on the first part then i lose that video part value? and if my download some how woud get screwd up will I always lose that point i just press on or will it come back? user added image

Last edited by benkrossarn; 29-05-2004 at 03:46 PM.
# 10 29-05-2004 , 05:44 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by benkrossarn
One more thing, if we say i do buy the 70points package and start downloading, once i press on the first part then i lose that video part value? and if my download some how woud get screwd up will I always lose that point i just press on or will it come back? user added image

Apache Modeling is finished no more parts will be added to it, so its from nothing to the complete Apache for 55 points. The Texturing is still being done. KBrown will be able to tell you how many parts its going to be when its finished.

If your lose a video or the download cuts out or anything happens to your file you may download it again (no extra points will be taken). Points are only taken from your account the first time you download a file, the second time you download the same file no points will be taken.

David.

# 11 29-05-2004 , 07:32 PM
Subscriber
fanx!