July Challenge Rules and Guidelines!
For July, we're going to have you guys try something new and have a character animation challenge! The focus of this challenge is animation as opposed to modeling, texturing, or rendering. Here's are the guidelines:
1) Of the 2 provided sound clips, choose one for your entry. If you are able to do both somehow, pick your best one as your final entry.
2) This is an animation challenge, so don't be spending lots of time on the model! Feel free to choose one of the free rigs that are available around the web or make your own simple guy. Modeling, texturing, rendering, etc not required!
3) Your final entry should be no larger than 640x480 and cannot be over 1 mb zipped if you want to attach the file to the post. If it's larger, you'd need to host it elsewhere and link us to it. Your final entry can be rendered or a playblast.
4) Show your progress! Show concept/storyboards! Give feedback and encourage each other!
5) BONUS! This is NOT required, but it will definitely help your chances if you manage to use facial animation for the dialogue and expressions!
6) Label your thread thusly:
July - Norm or Noob - Your name
Choose to classify yourself as a Normal or Noobie class entry. Whichever class you choose is the class your final submitted entry will compete against! A winner will be chosen from both classes.
7) Mods and Admins can enter, but are inelligible to win and do not count toward the Grand Prize consideration of 5 entries mentioned below. If a mod chooses to participate, choose "Mod" class rather than Norm or Noob.
8) If 5 or more Normal entries finish among the 3 Simply sites participating, a Grand Prize will be rewarded! Regular VIP point prizes will be awarded to both a Normal and Newbie winner, regardless!
A rigged character is provided further down the thread for those who do not want to make their own.
The due date of the challenge is July 31st!
EDIT: Working sounds added. Look to post on page 2.