Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-08-2004 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber

Cartoon dog tutorial (part 1)

Hi! I encounter my first problem @ about 5:10, where Kurt is about to form the dog's head.

When i try to form the sphere it gets very wierd, and not at all as smooth as Kurts (see image below).

What do i do wrong?

(btw. i'm running Maya unlimited v.6)

- toresn

Attached Files
File Type: mb cartoon_dog.mb (54.2 KB, 374 views)
# 2 03-08-2004 , 12:40 AM
try pressing the number 5 to shade (or press shading>smooth shade all) . i think thats wat u mean :s. (is this different for v6?). if this is not the problem make sure its nurb sphere.

if i didn't answer ur question could u plz try to give a bit more detail about the problem?

btw ur file did not open i think cuz i have maya 5.0.

# 3 03-08-2004 , 02:49 PM
Subscriber
I'm talking about forming the sphere, draging a vertex using the move tool, that is. When doing this it doesn't form as beautifully as on the tutorial... understand my problem?

- toresn

# 4 03-08-2004 , 04:25 PM
hm.. i think i understand what you say. i'm guessing the problem is when u select a vertice to move on side view by clicking on it it only takes the top vertice, there is another vertice under that vertice that u do not select therefore having bad results. instead of clicking on the vertice try clicking and draging to select it, this way it will select the vertice at the back too.