Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-11-2004 , 09:26 PM

nurbs render problem

hello,
i have just a small problem with my nurbs character when i render it. i converted it to nurbs from a sub-D model so i can add fur to it later on, but when i render it right now, without fur, you can see little seams between some of the nurbs patches like in the picture. will these go away when o add fur to my character, or how can i get rid of them? also, when i move the skeleton thats attached to the character, some seams get very big and noticable. i haven't weighted the skin yet, so will that help get rid of some of the seams? thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 29-11-2004 , 10:43 PM
The Maya Mountain

# 3 29-11-2004 , 10:54 PM
awesome thanks! i'll let you know how it goes!

# 4 30-11-2004 , 12:20 AM
alright, i did that to all the nurbs patches, and not when i go to batch render, in the status line it says result: rendering and it just stays there. nothing else happens, and i left it for awhile. i then tried to cancel it by going to cancel batch render and it says result: unable to cancel the current render. is it just taking forever to render because theres so many nurbs patches? theres alot... like 700, maybe more.... it didnt take this long before i changed those settings about tesslation, does that slow it down alot?

# 5 30-11-2004 , 12:57 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yes, I imagine it would slow down a little bit. Maybe decrease the number of subdivisions.

# 6 30-11-2004 , 01:17 AM
alright i can try that, but um, heh sorry, how?

# 7 12-12-2004 , 05:12 PM
I think you need to turn on smooth edge, the seam is caused by the edge of your surfaces, rendered at different teselation

select your patch, attribute -> tesselation : options