Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-12-2004 , 10:48 PM

how do I create my own material and add it to the library??

Hi all

I'm doing a non-animation related study on skin textures......this is what I'm trying to do.......

1) I have some photos/jpgs of some skin textures and I need to add them to the maya materials library......not sure how I do this???

2) I need to apply these photos/jpgs to a plane/mesh surface and apply a displacement map so that it becomes like a 3d surface, with bumps, so when it is rendered as a mesh then the mesh is distorted from the displacement maps ........how do I do this???

3) Is it possible to apply several different material/displacement maps to different areas of the same plane so that it distorts different parts of the plane??

ANY help on any of my questions would be much appreciated user added image