Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-12-2004 , 12:49 AM

reseting pivot

how can i reset the direction of pivot point so that it becomes global. i'm not familiar with maya lingo so i may not be explaining this correctly. i've been fiddling with polys and when i select a vertex or face, the pivot is all twisted and rotated. i want to reset this so that when i drag x-axis it moves in global x-axis on stage, not local x-axis. i know i learned this long time ago but forgot it completely since it's been months when i touched maya last. something with freezing transformation? oh yeah i'm using maya 5. does this make sense? thanks

# 2 06-12-2004 , 12:08 PM
if you hold down "w" and then left click you should get a hot box which will let you select between local, global, object and normal. Try that. Failing that freeze the transforms.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB