Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-12-2004 , 08:42 PM

skeletal poses

well this is my first time posting a message on here but i will try my best....well like my username i am maya KID 14.....i have been using maya for about 1.5 years but i still got alot to learn. i am not a pro i am only 14 years old but i can always recognize my limits. i am now working on this project that requires me to have a lizard morf into a man.....since the lizard's skeleton has just about the same # of joint points that the human skeleton has i decided that i would just use a simple blendshape procceedure to do the morfing and i would just rearange the skeleton to look like the man's. if u don't get what i am writing, then no worries that isn't really important........the only thing i need to know is that if there is a way to create 2 bind poses for a skeletal chain. i need the skeleton to have 2 bind poses (one for the man figure and one for the lizard figure)....IS THIS POSSIBLE...IF NOT IS THERE A
NOTHER WAY? THANXS!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 11-12-2004 , 09:26 PM
The Maya Mountain
I don't think you can have 2 bind poses. One thing you might consider is just making 2 different rigged characters for the 2 states and use some sort of "magic" transition with particles or what-have-you to hide the switch.

Welcome aboard the SimplyMaya train, by the way. user added image