Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-03-2005 , 11:24 AM

Invisible background in Maya (4 After Effects)

Hi @ all !

How can I render my animation in Maya, so that I have an invisible background (instad black)?
I wont to use thies animation in After Effects over an original movie. I read something with alpha channel...

Is 4shure easy, but I realy don`t know how to make thies!

# 2 16-03-2005 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
When rendering your animation, in the Render Globals window, ensure that the box next to Alpha Channel is checked on (this is found under the renderable objects section). THis will render your animation with an alpha channel, which will allow you to comp your render over another background.

Also, if you wish to change the colour of the background in the render, you can do this by selecting the camera you are rendering through, and going to the sttribute editor. In here scroll down to the environment section, and you can change the background colour from black to whatever you want.

Hope this helps user added image

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 3 16-03-2005 , 07:26 PM
Cool!
It works

Thanks user added image

# 4 16-03-2005 , 07:37 PM
One more thing:

- Where can I find the "sttribute editor"?
- What is the "Depth Channel (Z Depth)" in the global render?

# 5 17-03-2005 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber
You can find the attribute editor under window -> attribute editor , or alternatively, just select something (say your camera) and press ctrl + a.

The depth channel provides 3D info about the distance of objects in your render from the camera. This is used by the compositing software to correctly composite layers.

user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/