Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-06-2005 , 11:54 PM
The Maya Mountain

Saw "Serenity" advance screening

Don't worry, no spoilers.

I'll just say that it was really cool and can't wait for others to see it. user added image

# 2 26-06-2005 , 07:04 PM
Subscriber
Cool, guess you have a pretty strong stomach huh? I would feel sick after watching it, but I would still love it. :shakehead

# 3 27-06-2005 , 03:03 AM
Hey Mike...so you liked the movie?..I saw a quick clip from quicktime a while back....looked pretty good...one of my profs worked on a couple shots (for 1 or 2 of the ships)...I was checking out the upcoming releases and didn't see serenity...(I was assuming that since you an advance screening that it would be coming out in a few weeks)....then I dug a little further until I found it...but man..it doesn't come out until sept 30...that means you saw it over 3 months in advance...I must say that must be awesome....was it a "connection" from work?...anywho..I just found that really interesting/cool....I can't wait to see it (in another 3 months) and I can't wait to get into the industry and actually help out with the movies...
TheAnswerRP03

# 4 27-06-2005 , 11:49 AM
The Maya Mountain
Actually, the original intention was for Serenity to come out in May, but they didn't want to have to compete with Star Wars, so it was bumped to Sept. So, they have done a couple of advance screenings, and I was lucky enough to get to go to one. user added image

# 5 27-06-2005 , 01:50 PM
SM Tea Boy
I loved firefly so i'm hoping the movie will be good as well. user added image

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 28-06-2005 , 11:24 PM
The trailer makes it look like another bad sci-fi channel mini-series...with nice effects. user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 7 29-06-2005 , 01:54 AM
The Maya Mountain
Well, best sci-fi movie I've seen in a long time. user added image I look forward to seeing it again.

# 8 03-07-2005 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber
I just read the Astonishing X-men # 10 that Joss Whedon has been writing and it is the best comic that's out right now. I never saw Fire Fly, but heard it was some of the best TV ever. I hope that Serenity is as you say. Although I must hate you for having seen it already.

# 9 30-09-2005 , 10:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
Saw Serenity today with the company!

Awesome movie! Everyone go see it!

# 10 01-10-2005 , 07:23 AM
Just got back from seeing it, and after watching the dvd box set MANY times, this movie friggin ROCKED!!!!!!!!

It was sad, FUNNY, and action-packed all in one.

Joss is truly boss with this one.

Cant wait for the next movie, plus I've heard rumors of another studio picking up the series again....

We can only hope, but I doubt Universal will allow ituser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 11 06-10-2005 , 01:19 PM
I saw it. It was awsome. I loved it. Then again I was a fire Fly fan from the start. I only missed one episode when they originally aired. I have the DVDs.

# 12 09-10-2005 , 08:05 PM
SM Tea Boy
Just saw it pretty good TBO I think the series was better, but still well worth the entrance money to go and see this one user added image

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 13 24-10-2005 , 01:45 PM
Subscriber
do they still have the hooker on the ship?:p

# 14 24-10-2005 , 11:14 PM
"COMPANION, dammit, COMPANION!!" hehe LOL!

yup, she's there....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 15 24-10-2005 , 11:29 PM
Such a good movie. I couldn't beleive how fast it went, I was so into it the whole time. I'm gonna have to see it again. user added image

Cole