Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-07-2005 , 05:19 PM
Subscriber

SHOW MANIPULATOR TOOL?

I can't use the manipulator tool, there is NO SETTINGS for it but i can't change them. Anyone think they can help me out?

# 2 02-07-2005 , 05:54 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Show manipulator tool only is displayed when using things such as extrude face tool.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 3 02-07-2005 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for advice but that is the problem. It doesn't show up whilst in extrude mode.

# 4 02-07-2005 , 11:31 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem. I was modeling a hand and when I try to use it on extrude mode, it doesn't show up or let me skew the model. Anyone can explain why?

# 5 03-07-2005 , 12:00 AM
What the manipulator tool does depends on what you have selected (in the channel box for example). Say you make an extrusion. Maya then automatically selects the new extrude node and switches to the manipulator tool. But if you clear your selection or change the tool etc and later switch back to the manipulator tool it does not necessarily do what you'd expect. If you want to go back and tweak the extrusion settings using the manipulator tool, you will have to first find and select the extrude node in the input section in the channel box... might be hard to understand first but it's realy standard stuff...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 6 03-07-2005 , 02:46 AM
Subscriber
you can also hit the 't' key to activate the show manipulator tool if it doesnt show up automatically..doesnt work for all things though...just extrudes, lights, etc. Also in the tool box there's a button for show manipulator in case u dont like using shortcuts.

# 7 29-08-2005 , 08:42 PM
I had the same problem; somehow I have selected the soft modification tool. I selected the Mesh, went to the Hypergraph editor and deleted the soft modification node.

After that my transform tool went back.

:p

# 8 31-08-2005 , 06:33 PM
Hmmm, it happened again to me and the soft modification tool did not resolve the problem... :blush:

It was the history standing off. I have put it back on from the Status Line and it went back.