Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-07-2005 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber

Photoshop and TGA files from Maya

I've noticed when I out put TGA files in Maya, the background is Transparent in Adobe Premier, but when I open the images in Photoshop they have a Black background. Any thoughts as to why Photoshop opens TGA files this way?

Thanks
Paul

# 2 19-07-2005 , 01:26 PM
Subscriber
That's normal. Don't know why Adobe deceided to handle TGAs like this, but Photoshop displays them all opaque.

The transparency information comes with the embedded alpha channel, so if you need to get rid of opaque areas that are supposed to be transparent, just make a selection of the alpha, invert the selection and then hit delete.

Don't forget to convert the background layer to a standard layer, or you'll end up with the selected background colour where the image is supposed to be transparent.

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!

Last edited by Renderizer; 19-07-2005 at 01:38 PM.
# 3 19-07-2005 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Renderizer,

Strange that it works fine in Adobe Premier and not in Photoshop. I'm guessing there is a reason for it. Thanks again.

Cheers
Paul