Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-08-2005 , 06:23 PM

GI_Joe

Okay, I've read dozens of threads about this GI_Joe lighting, but I can't seem to find the problem I'm having, so I hope you can help.

I've downloaded the script (sans instructions, but I've read the suggestions here on the forum). Put the GI_Joe.mel and GIJoe.lights files in my script folder. Opened the mel script, modified the line to point to my scripts folder. Opened Maya and the script editor. Typed GI_Joe; , pressed enter... nothing. Typed GI_Joe; and highlighted it, pressed enter... nothing. File -> Source script -> opened GI_Joe.mel... nothing... typed GI_Joe; again... nothing.

I'm using Maya PLE 6.0. This is my first attempt at using any script. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

# 2 02-08-2005 , 06:41 PM
I think the PLE needs a different script, the one you are using is for Complete and Unlimited only I believe..

# 3 02-08-2005 , 09:05 PM
Anyone know where I might find a script for PLE? I've looked, but can't seem to find anything. Am I just out of luck?

# 4 02-08-2005 , 10:10 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 02-08-2005 , 10:59 PM
Thanks so much... that worked perfectly. user added image