Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-08-2005 , 04:57 PM

Poly to Subdiv

Hi all,
I have a small problem with converting Polygons to Subdiv. I'm learning in maya and I stucked. I don't know how to continue. After trying to convert to Subdiv I've get an this error:
-------------------------------------------------------------
deleteInternalValence2Verts |polySurface8|polySurfaceShape9;
polyToSubdiv -ap 0 -ch off -aut on -maxPolyCount 1000 -maxEdgesPerVert 32 |polySurface8|polySurfaceShape9;
// Warning: Nothing is selected. Select objects or components to delete. //
// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): One or more vertices is nonmanifold.
// Nonmanifold geometry cannot be converted to a subdivision surface.
// To clean up nonmanifold vertices, use Polygons->Cleanup with the nonmanifold option. //
// Error: Command polyToSubdiv failed. Open Script Editor for details. //
-------------------------------------------------------------
Please can somebody explaine me, how to convert poly to subdiv step by step
My project is attached

THANKS Dave

Attached Files
File Type: zip dog.zip (40.2 KB, 239 views)
# 2 12-08-2005 , 07:31 PM
Subscriber
// To clean up nonmanifold vertices, use Polygons->Cleanup with the nonmanifold option. //

The message is directing you to do the above steps. Run the cleanup as directed to identify/correct the nonmanifold geometry. Once correct run the conversion again.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 12-08-2005 , 09:25 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
The problem is that nonmanifold geometry can give u a big headache when convertin' to Subdiv. It make ur model looks...strange and weird...

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD