Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-11-2005 , 10:56 PM

HEART ATTACK!

I have NOOO clue what happened. I searched the help files and the net for the awnser...cant find it. The whole Menue all of the elements in the UI are now transparent. I was playin with hotkeys, and believe i hit "apple shift -" Maya is now verry transparent. the script editor did not show the command. and substituting the - for a + does not work. I cant use Maya like this. Does anyone know a command I can use...?? WindowOpacity 100 ?? etc..

thanks in advance,

james:headbang:

# 2 06-11-2005 , 11:05 PM

Nevermind

OK Nevermind....i restarted and the menus are all at full opacity. Still dont know what that was about tho. But problems solved. (I might try to recreate my problem just to get that solution tho!)

thnx

# 3 07-11-2005 , 02:06 AM
Subscriber
iconcreations03,
If that ever happens again, all that is, is you have hidden the UI elements. I don't know the hot key commands to disable and reanable them, but you can get everything back by going to hotbox (by hitting the space bar) -> display -> UI Elements , and then re-select the elements that you want back visable.

# 4 09-11-2005 , 09:33 AM
I don't think that transparency thing is really Maya, it seems more like some os implented feature. Most major os'es has transparency now, it's a GUI thing that is fun for about 5 minutes, until you realize that it's more annoying than fun. You probably have some applet or something (maybe in osx it's standard) that maintains such a hotkey. It should then be another hotkey to disable it again.

In the begining God created a whole lot of rigid bodies, and set some motion paths. He also set the lighting.
# 5 12-11-2005 , 09:19 PM

Nice

Thnx for the help. Ya that transparency thing was cool for about 5 min. not even. I will keep in mind that I can restore the UI elements of a scene when that happens. I guess its a good trick to play on colleagues. Again, I just wana thank you all for the help

James