Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-11-2005 , 01:53 PM

Making 3d objects viewable from own website?

Is it possible to take a 3d object with baked textures/lighting and make it viewable to the public from your own website?
so that they can pan/zoom/translate the cam position to view the object for example 'a house' from any angle.

Is there a decent program i can link to my site for people to download a viewer from, and then have them comeback to my site click 'my object' link and voila it loads into their viewer??

I tried one type of viewer for obj files, but i had to upload and have it viewed from their site not mine user added image

Or am i going about it all wrong? should i be looking at flash or macromedia instead?

# 2 14-11-2005 , 03:48 PM
You would probably do something like that either in Macromedia Flash or Director (shockwave).

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 14-11-2005 , 07:50 PM
Subscriber
There is a Web Plugin for a Browser that will allow you to view Autocad, UniGraphics, Catia files etc, but its worth VERY BIG bucks. I can find out the details if you still want? I just need to call a mate and ask him about it.

Cheers
Paul

# 4 15-11-2005 , 11:35 AM
Oh well, looks like i'll have to look into the flash alternative then cos i ain't got big bucks at the mo, i was hoping to make a 3d gallery of images and sculptures for people to view at my site, i think i'm biting off a bit more than i can chew though user added image