Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 18-12-2005 , 08:33 AM
Subscriber

Glass Shader

I need a good way to make a window glass shader. All I could find on the net was already made shaders or a dvd that had glass tutorials.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 2 18-12-2005 , 04:23 PM
Yeah, your best bet would be with a stamdard, transparent phong shader, but the part that I really am not sure about is how to make the light go throught it completely, anyway...

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 19-12-2005 , 01:03 AM
All depends on what you want... I'd recommend a phong or blinn shader... a bit of specular, almost fully transparent, refraction grating. And remember, not all light is white.

Last edited by Phopojijo; 19-12-2005 at 01:23 AM.
# 4 19-12-2005 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber

Re: Glass Shader

Originally posted by gohan1842
I need a good way to make a window glass shader. All I could find on the net was already made shaders or a dvd that had glass tutorials.

so you found already made glass shaders and a dvd tutorial, but you still want to know a way to make them?user added image
i dont get it, why not just look at the shading network of already made shader to see how it was done or just do the tut so you know how to make one :p