Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-01-2006 , 03:09 PM

Cloth on a Game character

Hi,
I loved the newbie Cloth Shirt Tutorial. Throughout the tutorial there was a relatively high polygon model, and although there is a base polygon count which was set at 25 initially in the cpStitch tool, the Tshirt itself tended to have a lot of polys.

Is it worth having even a low base polycount cloth tshirt for a character to be used in a game engine where there are polycount limitations?

Seeing fabric sway after a movement is always pretty. There won't be any dynamic cloth rendering etc, it was just a thought to have it precalculated in the animation. My hunch tells me no though.

Thanks for the tutorials and the excellent website.

# 2 07-01-2006 , 03:44 PM
Hey, and welcome to the site.
No, not on a game character, that just has to be precalculated and pre-programmed polygonal cloth... not dynamic cloth.

Hope That helped.
cYa LaTeR,
MaTt

Live the life you love, love the life you live