Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 30-01-2006 , 07:22 PM
mike have a look at this site https://www.csszengarden.com/
Thats the beauty of css, and what ps was talking bout is using a css so link to yer main page and then you will not have all that untidy html with font tags etc it will all auto apply when u use tages to link it.
You will find it so much more easy to edit and add more stuff to your site. With morepages = more hassle and if you dont use css you will be wastin so much time.
Also what happened to the little party pic, that would be so cool. Read my post a bit up.

# 17 30-01-2006 , 07:59 PM
Subscriber
CSS is a must! One might might not wanna spend time having to learn it, but you'll never write a homepage without it again once you've used it once user added image
Not only does it give you more choices to design the webpage, but if you're using a seperate css file and changes made to that file is made to all html files linking to the css user added image

Btw, anyone tried Ruby on Rails? I haven't done any web programming in a while (did a little php some time back), but a friend of mine has had a look at it, and he seems pretty psyched about it user added image

But Mike, as PS said,
Frames = nogo
Times New Roman = nogo (I'd stick to Verdana)
Tables = I'd probably go with divs. Haven't used them much, but I've had loads of compability problems with tables...

Other than that, looking good Mike user added image

Oh, and as for learning, I'd stick to Notepad any day! Nothing makes codes and syntax stick in your memory than having to write it all without some program guessing what you're typing user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 18 30-01-2006 , 10:46 PM
Yeah RoR seems the new great framework.. did not have the change to try it yet but my host supports ruby...

But to many things and to little time one of these days those, I have had a look at the demo's and it looks so clean and fast.. One problem that it does not have such a large community as php.. and therefore still lacks the great resources that php has in terms of documentations and help.. Also I have stubmbled upon symfony and i was also very impressed symfony

# 19 31-01-2006 , 08:44 AM
Ruby on rails does look good. I had someone demo it to me and build some basic functionality into a site.
Remember though that its only a tool which generates much of the tedious stuff for you. To be honest writing a similar system using a different language wouldn't be that hard, its just somebody has already done it in ruby.
I think its power would be for quick prototyping of ideas/functionality with the client sat there going 'wow, thats cool'.

PHP is a good tool as there is a good community and loads of resources to download code as either examples or to plug straight into your system.

Vim is better than notepad user added image (though it can take a while to get used to!)

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 20 02-02-2006 , 12:14 AM
The Maya Mountain
thanks for the suggestions. I may attempt to learn "real" web design on the next iteration of the site. My site's old design was plain old html, just like this current one, and it did me just fine for 5 years, so I'm not too concerned with frames or css or whatnot just now. Sure, having it would help with making the site's code look clean, but frankly, that's not my main concern. Not yet, anyway. user added image