Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-02-2006 , 07:44 PM

planar/quad/triangles

I looked around a bit but couldn't find an answer, but i was wondering if it is necessary to keep polygon faces planar. if it is how does one go about working on a model keeping all faces planar as they work. Also is in necessary to keep everything in quads. Is it bad to use triangles.

# 2 16-02-2006 , 04:28 AM
Someone may argue with me, but I say, what does it matter . . . . if it makes the model look better use it. But there are those who will say that triangles are BAD . . . extra faces = extra render time, more calculations. If you have a fast computer it should not make that big of a difference in my opinion. I think trianglular faces look better on curved surfaces, but there are no good reasons I can think of to use them on flat surfaces that I know of other than **maybe** texturing.

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche