Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-03-2006 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber

Alpha Mail

Hi, Im just wondering if anyone can help me. Im using Maya to create 3D animations & compositing them into live video, a'la Roger Rabbit. Im exporting from Maya as a targa sequence & compositing/re-exporting from A. Effects with the live action video using the Maya alpha channel, & finally editing in Premiere. The problem is that after exporting from A.E. my Maya animation looks really jagged/plays jerkily, even tho the background live action video plays just fine, now Im guessing that the A.E. AVI compression settings are responsable, but I've tried them ALL!..I also tried Videomach (recommended by the free Simply Maya "RENDER GLOBALS" tutorial) but the results were VERY similar, is it some kind of plug-in codec I need?...Whats the best combination of A.E./Videomach/Premiere codecs to use for this sort of thing?...PLEASE HELP!!!... Im getting nightmares about Nurbs stealing my underwear!!!....Thanks in advance....J :headbang:

# 2 17-03-2006 , 12:23 AM
How does it play via a RAM preview???

If its the same then it might be the resolutiom that the Maya footage was captured.

If not post back

# 3 17-03-2006 , 03:40 AM
Subscriber
When I play it in the A.E. comp window it looks & plays perfectly, & its the same in Premiere's main monitor & "pop-up" clip window,( the window that shows up when you double-click on the film-clip icon in the project window) its only AFTER exporting the targa sequence in Premiere or A.Effects that everything goes to hell...............Cheers 4 replying.

# 4 07-04-2006 , 10:49 AM
Subscriber
Render the 3d and live acton separetly from after effects and composite them in premiere. Export the the 3d footage as a quicktime file but make sure it's exported using the 'millions of colours +' option. The '+' is very important, it's the alpha channel. Another problem could be that your image sequence compostion is set to 30fps and you footage is 25fps or vice versa, you can easily change it in file>preferences>still image, i think?