Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 16-04-2006 , 09:14 PM

Problems with a tutorial from Learning Maya 5 Foundation book..

:headbang:

So here's my problem i completed this tutorial.. that has two space ships firing on each other... and I go to render it using Maya Software and as a .avi file..

and when its done rendering and I play the video.. its choppy and is in super slow motion!!.. and I've rendered things before and the videos that are in .avi format don't look like this.. is there something im missing??

someone please enlighten me.. because i've been teaching myself using my books :attn:

user added image user added image

"How You Like My Nuts to Your Fist Style???"
# 2 18-04-2006 , 05:12 PM
Have you run a playblast of the animation to make sure that its not something to do with the timings?

If its ok try outputing as a series of images and have a look at hte HOW DO I RENDER A MOVIE thread in the basics and newbie section and see if that looks ok, as it may be errors in the avi rendering thats causing your porblems

# 3 18-04-2006 , 05:38 PM

Originally posted by gster123
Have you run a playblast of the animation to make sure that its not something to do with the timings?

If its ok try outputing as a series of images and have a look at hte HOW DO I RENDER A MOVIE thread in the basics and newbie section and see if that looks ok, as it may be errors in the avi rendering thats causing your porblems

I figured out what the problem was... i wasn't rendering it properly... Post in Mental Ray Section

I think i've gotten every squared away now user added image

"How You Like My Nuts to Your Fist Style???"