Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 12-05-2006 , 05:02 PM
thx1138 and lisa. i,m working with maya nearly 3/5 years . I have never had problem with imageplane. since i bought the laptop(compaq) it is very easy to travel around the world. sometime i sit in the plein nearly 22 hours from australia to europe, so i,m doing maya all the way to europe and drinking some beer or wine there. but if i got problem with imageplain I could't get through the modeling there was my stress begin.so i try everything to see the grid. because the imageplain was infornt of the grid, so i try alpha gain. but alpgh gain just make imageplain transprancy. also i try center xyz nothing change. than i try polygon plane. that work for me. but i wonder why happend to me. normaly the grid in front view is infront of imageplain so you can see the grid and snap the vertex to the the grid.but because the grid was behind the imageplane i could not snap it. I hoop that you understand me. please have look at imageplane it look very weird, sorry guys for the headch. i,m really sorry , but sometime happen to me when i get something like that. any other idee welkom.

:bow:
# 17 12-05-2006 , 09:41 PM
19 year Veteran
I'm going to post your problem on some other maya boards; perhaps somebody might know something.

# 18 13-05-2006 , 02:20 AM
thank you very much THX1138
I really pretiate your help. you r the best. good luck with animation

:bow:
# 19 18-06-2006 , 10:55 AM
how do you fixed it?
me too this , I can't work with grid. holp guys help us.
display card ---GF TI4800
like this I hope

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 18-06-2006 , 11:44 AM
Subscriber

how do you fixed it?
me too this , I can't work with grid. holp guys help us.
display card ---GF TI4800
like this I hope

123456 - r u sayin u dont want the grid??
if so in that view port go show an at the bottom is grid turn it off an it will b gone

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 21 19-06-2006 , 04:53 AM
19 year Veteran
How did the orthographic grid suddenly become problem for some people using maya? I consider it a valuable tool to model with. You can just throw that feature away like that. It's a very good tool for refferencing from and ect...

# 22 22-06-2006 , 02:07 AM
This is interesting. I was having the same problem and the examples that the poster is using (the car images) comes from the same Digital Tutors tutorial that had me scratching my head. The tutorial goes through the initial steps of setting up the images in the image plane and then the instructor switches on the grid from the view>grid dropdown and voila!, the grid is OVER the image. This was driving me crazy and I've been looking all over for the solution, before deciding that it was simpler to just drop the alpha of the image. That was until I started getting some seriously strange behavior while zooming. I tried moving the image plane waaaaay back in space and still got some freaky action. Oh well. I'm sure it's a fairly straight-forward solution staring me in the face.