Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-07-2006 , 03:59 PM

Remove blue line (no wireframe) on object please help

hi guy's today another problem. I see some blue line stick to my object(surface) polygon. I can not remove them. looks like wireframe but it is not wireframe. only some blue line. I try wireframe on shaded on/off and delete the history ,but still does not go away. if you know something about it please replay. thanks everyone

please look at the image
please step by step instruction......

Attached Thumbnails

:bow:
# 2 21-07-2006 , 07:16 PM
actually it is part of the wireframe, thats a border(or texture) edge... it means the topology of the poly ends there for whatever reason... it wont show in render, it is normal for it to inhabit the extreme edges of an object, and its VERY useful (specially to notice when it is NOT in the extremes of a polygon either because you screwed it or beacuse you cut it that way in the uvmap)... but if it really bothers you it can be made to dissapear somewhere in display>custom poly display, personally i have mine set to thickness 3...

Last edited by dragonfx; 21-07-2006 at 07:27 PM.
# 3 21-07-2006 , 09:42 PM
thanks very much for your idee , my thickness also set already to 3. but still did not go away. the problem is only with one of the object the rest of model alright not problem at all. any other idee guy's

# 4 22-07-2006 , 07:38 AM
[TIP] select the offending poly, display>custom poly display, set it to 0 and/or untick edge and texture border, click "apply and close" [END TIP]

Last edited by dragonfx; 22-07-2006 at 07:40 AM.
# 5 22-07-2006 , 04:16 PM
hi dragon fx . thanks for ur Tips. could you please explaine more.
what you mean with offeinding polygon? and where do i have to set to 0 which part . because i applay the width edge to 0 or normal zise to 0 nothing changed.

here is image of my polygon custom option . please have look and explaine

thanks very much. you the best

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 28-03-2015 , 06:36 AM
Click the Object.
goto Display > Object Display > No Geometry