Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-07-2006 , 12:00 AM

Need help creating my Virtual Scene - Walkthrough Environment...

I am a novice user of Maya. I want to create something that simulates a 3D environment for my visual walkthrough project. Can anybody assist/guide me in constructing my project.

Thank You..

# 2 28-07-2006 , 12:22 AM
Subscriber
what about the haunted house, interior scene and the mad scientist lab. they all scenes based projects. i think the yeti tutorial has a scene with it also.
the gnomonworkshop.com has few too.
<click me>
<click me>
hope this can be of some help to you. user added image

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 3 28-07-2006 , 11:56 AM
What do you want your environment to be???

# 4 29-07-2006 , 06:26 AM
I want to have a virtual tour on a small building (college building) where the user is allowed to click on essential items (example : college photos/frames or plaques), then display the pertinent information about it. I have a little experience in Maya..though I've already read some of the tutorials about this...seems its hard for me to setup my 3D scenes.

By the way, thanks for the reply..

# 5 29-07-2006 , 08:50 AM
Do you know what you need to code it in as that might determine what you can do. If you model a secen you can exprot it as VRML if thats any help?