Originally posted by machlin2006
I've been having trouble with attaching the ears to the head without that ugly choppy looking incision scar. It's hard to explain but the edges where I merge the vertices stands out so it makes the head/ear look like they are detached.
Anyone know how to correct this?
This may not be the
way to do it, but give it a try ^.^
Please note, you must have modeled the ear seperately from the head to do this, and they must be polygons; I can't help you if it's a NURBS model.
1) Move your ear object very close to the head
2) Make only the utmost minor adjustments to the vertices of the ear object that will be attached to the head; this is to better get the shape of the ear to match your head's curvatious side.
3) Put the ear object in its own layer, and turn it to "Relic" mode (R); this will make it unselectable, yet visible.
4) Select your head.
5) In wireframe mode (4) and side view (or front, depending on how you modeled your character/ear), use the Split Polygon tool to make additional vertices "on" the vertices of the ear where you will want to be making the connection.
6) When that's done, un-relic your ear, select your ear and your head, combine them into one object, and merge the vertices
be well and good...