Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-08-2006 , 08:01 AM
Subscriber

Playblast viewing...

Is there a way that you can change the viewport of the playblast?

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 24-08-2006 , 10:25 AM
Subscriber
Anyone? I want to view through my camera motion path rather than the generic views so i can see the walk through animation on the fly rather than having to render it out to tweek later, how can i do this?

# 3 24-08-2006 , 04:45 PM
Hi there,

If I understand your dilemma correctly then the following should do the trick:

Assuming that you have already set up the motion path and attached a newly created camera entity (named "camera1" by default) to that motion path, you can then go to "Panels" in the perspective viewport, where you will see an entry named "perspective," select it and then click "camera1" -- if you haven't renamed the camera. Move the animation slider to see if it works.

Hope that did it...

# 4 24-08-2006 , 06:11 PM
yea ex-vin's got it right. in order to playblast from the camera you want, you've first got to have one of your viewports displaying what your camera sees. (like he said, under panels, go under perspective and then choose the camera you wish to playblast.) a playblast only shows what the active viewport shows... so make sure that you've got the camera you want to playblast assigned to one of your views, and then make sure that viewport is active.

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 25-08-2006 , 04:30 AM
Subscriber
Cheers I'll give that a try. so does this work similarly to when you render a shot, if i have the front camera panel selected it will play blast from the front, and same for other views?

# 6 25-08-2006 , 05:53 AM
pretty much.

Accept no substitutions.