Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-09-2006 , 03:01 AM

importing video into maya

hello there fellow maya users..i am still kinda new user of maya...i was wondering what are the steps to importing video into maya...is it through image sequences?...how would i go about in doing that....if anyone knows..it be much appreciated..thanks!..

# 2 03-09-2006 , 01:26 PM
19 year Veteran
It would help if you would clarify what purpose the movie was for. If it's for compositing, you will have to use maya live, and that feature is only available in a maya unlimited. If your trying to apply an animation file to a model, just go to your hypershade and scroll down till you get to a icon that has movie next to it. The icon will have a number 8 on it aswell. Simply click on it and apply it to your model.user added image

Edit: The movie file has to be an image sequence.

Attached Images
# 3 03-09-2006 , 04:16 PM
Change your video to a series of images using something like after effects, then create an image plane in the camera you want then in the image plane attributes use the use image sequence option.