Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-09-2006 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber

"Pyramid Head" from the Silent Hill Movie - new WIP

ok, now i want to make a really scary and heavy model.

I've looked Silent Hill last friday and was totaly fascinated from the *pyramid head*
Will start with it today and make his head first. Hope this will work, because he is very heavy to model..... user added image

here is a reference image from him. Maybe some of you has some good tips for me ... hehe

https://www.thelastcandle.net/weblog/.../shm_phead.jpg

Galadiel

Last edited by Galadiel; 04-09-2006 at 05:57 PM.
# 2 03-09-2006 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber
-double-

# 3 03-09-2006 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
he's really scary indeed
i wish you goodluck with modeling him user added image
i think he'll look nice once you complete him

------------------- WIP ------------------

--------------- Finished Work -------------
Apache Helicopter
Armoured Personal Unit
Apache Finished
Ferrari 360
Mech
# 4 04-09-2006 , 01:38 AM
Subscriber
here are the first updates for the groundshape of the head

hope you like it so far.

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 5 04-09-2006 , 02:40 AM
Subscriber
another update

user added image

# 6 04-09-2006 , 03:28 AM
Subscriber
this happens alot with me to i really want to make a ww2 short after watching tonnes of docu's and playing cod (call of duty)...it's a habbit. i get inspired to easily.
any who sweet model so far although i have never seen silent hill (haha i can sleep at night) it does look good

# 7 05-09-2006 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber
update user added image

hope you like it

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 8 07-09-2006 , 09:43 AM
Looks nice so far. Anyway, what's the deal with those pyramid heads from silent hill? I don't get it..why do they have those strange heads? user added image
Actually, i did not watch the movie..is it worth to watch?

# 9 07-09-2006 , 12:11 PM
Subscriber
Hi Fubar

i can't tell you the exact reason for this strange head, but original he comes from the Silent Hill 2 Playstation Game.

I've played the Silent Hill Game for years now and the film is a adaptation from the first Silent Hill Game.

I think it is worth to see the film....but that is my personal taste. And i am a big fan from the games *hehe*

There is only one pyramid head and my understanding about the pyramid head is, the creators wanted to wear him a pyramid or triangle, because it should look like that he has pain under it. Sounds strange i know. There are some details on wikipedia about him.

Galadiel

# 10 07-09-2006 , 10:13 PM
Subscriber
Pyramid head is supposed to be an embodiment of the Main character from Silent Hill Two's, Sexual and physical frustration following the death of his wife.. ITs basically a nightmarish physical embodiement of his pain, both MEntal and physical, The pyramid is there to keep you and i Guessing, as to weather oor not, its actually the main character behind the mask, or if its some ghastly manifestation of him twisted with the new reality..

Though, there was a cameo apperance of Pyramid head in a slightly different form in one of the 6 different endings of the origional Silent Hill game, i only saw that one once, so i dont really remmeber much about it or how it tied in..

Model is looking good, Not sure about all the little bumps all over the pyramid, i dont recall that in the movie or the game..though i do se them on your reference... .Could just be me remembering wrong.. I havent seen the movie in months, the weekend it was released so..

Ironic, i'd thougth of doing this character when i finish wiht the FAlcon in a few weeks.. Suppose i'll pick another one.. maybe a Big boobed nurse or something..

I look foward to seeing this progress man
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 11 08-09-2006 , 02:21 AM
Subscriber
Thank you for your feedback. user added image and for the background about PH. Cool!

I think the Janitor is a really interesting model too. Remember him? The guy on the toilette?

btw, your models are really great. Like the deep space nine user added image very detailed.

Galadiel

# 12 08-09-2006 , 10:19 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for your compliments user added image..i aprecaite them..

I was thinking about teh Janitor, or A nurse one, been tossing both back and forth...

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 13 09-09-2006 , 03:24 AM
Never knew what the Pyramid head was! (must be a bit out of touch! LOL)

When I saw the pictures it reminded me of the Tortured Souls by Clive Barker

Heres a link

https://www.spawn.com/features/torturedsouls/

The model looks like a good start.