Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 17-01-2007 , 01:56 AM
commenting more on the animation quality than the storyline (I have similar criticisms to above) I think it is very nice and fluid and the style of the animation fits very well with the style of the models, especially the pinging of the rake. Just as slight additions, I'd have the rake fall over afterwards, since it is not likely it would stand there like that.

Just as a little touch, since the trees and bushes are all flat cutouts, it might be funny if you put wooden props on the backs of them to hold them up (like the old western movies where the buildings were basically wooden planks held up from the back). Maybe not visible in all of them and only in those in the 2nd part as he is walking towards the rake.

# 17 17-01-2007 , 02:16 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Edward,

you know it never even crossed my mind to have the rake fall over after the hit. I guess that I was so focused on getting the walk and hit right that some of the smaller detail skipped by me.

Nice thought about the wooden props too, I did something similar in an old design for my site (that never got off the ground!!). The Thinker model in the image was the link to the 3D modelling gallery, I couldn't be bothered to model him properly so I just used the cut out method.

As I just used alpha maps to make the trees in Lenny look like cut outs it may look a little odd to have them propped up as there is no depth to them. I like this style so next time that I use it I might try out the same method as I used for the Thinker and spend a little more time actually modelling the cut out so that it has depth.

Cheers for your thoughts,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails